Thursday, February 13, 2014

6--15M View Area Strawbs

Met up with John Guay who said that VA was not plowed and to park at Ladders.
I rigged the 15M and took off, but it felt good and powered.
I hung around the parking lot for a while to test the wind
and decided the 11M may be more fun when I got to the VA hills.
Bad move, to light to get to the VA on the lake.
While floundering, I heard what sounded like road work at the VA.
Made it back, Slawek sent text and said VA was open.
So off I went, didn't fuck around and rigged 15M.
Warm and sunny, but mashed potato snow.
It was fun to get back out to one of the best snowkite spots ever.
Lots of great memories out there, following Rob, Chasta, Brian the first time out there in '06.
Many days with Matt delving deeper than common sense dictates. (on snowboard)
Eventually the clouds built and we headed closer to the parking lot.
Visibility went to shit, and then the gravy for the top of the potatoes started falling from the sky.
By the time we got to the parking lot, we were soaked.
But fun....

No comments: