Monday, June 24, 2013

46--10M DC

Only rode the storm wind for about half hour
before it died, then came in with a vengeance as I was leaving.
I knew better, but went anyway.
Summer heat and doldrums just around the corner.
Planned to be out of town on a kite trip this week,
but didn't like the questionable forecast in the Gorge and at Sherman.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

45--15M ULSSB

On the way to ULSSB, i got a call that the alarm went off in the store.
Vern and I had to turn around at Lehi
to find that the new sensors were tripped by the mail pushed through the slot.
Made us an hour later than we planned
but OK cause the wind started just as we arrived.
Another great SSB session until sunset.
With the wind having sone west in it,
It is so much better for not getting blinded
by riding directly into the sun late in the day.
Big, full moon from farmers fields on the way home.

Friday, June 21, 2013

44--11M, 10M ULSSB

The best day at South Sandy in years for me.
Vern and I got there and on the water at about 4:30
we kited till we hurt, and that was at sunset, on the longest day of the year.
We did take a short break to rig down.
Great swells for some surfboard action.
They are kinda small,
but some were connected to make some long carving runs on the swell.
A news story on TV was about cleaning Utah Lake of all the carp.
and that someday in the near future it could be clear again.
I keep imagining what it would look like riding clear water,
instead of chocolate heaves.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

43--15M, 11M Rush

Meet Jim there and we rigged 11M and his new Catalyst 12M.
Then it died and we waited it out but finally had to rig big.
We rode a short time and got blown off the water.
We got some gusty rides but eventually got blown off again.
Even with the strong wind,
the weeds below the surface are keeping the water clear while kiting over it,
almost tropical looking.
I didn't get a chance to ride the Catalyst,
but it really looked good and stable in the air.
Kinda a cross between the C4 and the Reo look.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

42--15M DC

I missed the best wind.
rode then schloged a couple of rounds.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

41--10M Rush

Rigged 10M rode an hour, then it died,
waited, de rigged packed up, then
Rigged 10M rode an hour, then it died.
Forecast wasn't very accurate today.

Monday, June 10, 2013

40-- 8M 6M Rush

If only we could have after work sessions like this more often!
Did the late shift as many others were leaving,
pretty smooth wind for a late afternooner.
8M and twin tip for first session,
6M and surfboard to close out the day.
Almost to shallow for the surfboard.
Moss all over the place.

Saturday, June 08, 2013

39--15M South Sandy

Chased it today, from Rush early, to ULSSB later.
Windy when I got up and Penny's was up, but not when I got there.
Drove to Utah Lake and waited for about an hour
then kited the brown swells for a couple of hours.

Sunday, June 02, 2013

38--11M Deer Creek

Lots of kites on the water when we arrived at 1:00.
11M and surfboard for the first session, then it dies.
Went to the van and got out of wetsuit and went down to pack kite.
But it came back up and I re dressed and went out for a twin tip session, then it dies.
Fun day, 2 hour long sessions, but a bad timing day, oh well.