I went to Snowbasin with Vern Yesterday and got the first day on my season pass.
It wasn't the best snow, but I do like my new Rossi S7 Ski.
Matt and I headed to Skyline early.
It was so much lighter than anticipated so we rigged big.
We headed to the west ridge and finally the wind picked up.
Matt was getting some massive glides, with style.
I decided to head back to rig down,
but found the big kite let me go lower on the ridge and found the softer snow.
I caught an edge and rolled into my lines and cut a steering line.
I forgot to put a pigtail in my newer coat, but luckily Matt had one.
Made a larkshead on one end of the cut line and a big knot on the other end.
Then attached the pigtail to give it the length that the knots took up.
The hard part was postholing on the steep hill to get the lines straight to launch.
With help from Matt when a line would get around a twig,
I launched and headed straight to the Van.
Matt got me a free car wash at his new Fast and Friendly car wash, it's great.
Then we went to REI and I got some new Burton Moto boots to replace my packed out old boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment